CIOL published today about the StorBank-XL 40t data storage system, an innovative hybrid technology of NAS and iSCSI (File and Block modes) featuring friendly GUI and high redundancy.
The StorBank-XL™ 40t Pentium RAID NAS is a high-availability Tower Pentium D NAS server that incorporates Serial ATA storage capacities of 500GB to 3,000GB (3TB) with the latest NAS, iSCSI and RAID technologies. High performance features include choice of single Pentium processors, up to 12GB RAM and dual 10/100/1000 copper gigabit Ethernet connectivity and Software RAID or Hardware RAID. Data protection is ensured with a hardware RAID 6 controller, and all 4 disk drives are cold- swappable from the front of the unit.
Unit features are the following:
- Up to 3 TeraByte Capacities in 4Bay Tower
- 3.0GHz Pentium D Dual-Core Processor (800MHz FSB)
- Up to 4GB System Memory (1GB Standard)
- Dual 10/100/1000 Copper Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Data Protected with Hardware RAID Controller
- Cold-Swappable 450 Watt Power Supply (option Hot-Swappable)
- Support Software RAID (option to upgrade to Hardware RAID)
- Support RAID 0, 1, 5, 6 and 10
More detailed specification can be found here.