AMD releases WHQL drivers for Windows 8 RTM – Catalyst 12.8
AMD has released Catalyst version 12.8 drivers to the web which as usual work with Windows XP/Vista/7 but are also WHQL certified for Windows 8, supporting the new WDDM 1.2 driver model. The drivers are available for Radeon models starting with the HD 5000 series and upwards. Drivers supporting earlier cards will appear later this month. The drivers have Direct 11.x support and include numerous Windows 8 features:
AMD’s first logo certified driver for Windows 8 production featuring support for the DirectX 11.1 and the new WDDM 1.2 driver model:
- Target-Independent Rasterization (TIR): TIR is a new rendering path that enables superior anti-aliasing in Direct3D driver applications.
- Native Stereo 3D Support: Windows 8 natively supports stereoscopic 3D gaming and videos via compatible applications.
- Unified Video API: Video playback has been integrated into the DirectX 11 API, enabling simultaneous video and gaming content. Transcoding performance may also be improved for supporting applications.
- Optimized screen rotation for rotation aware devices.
- Improved sleep/resume performance.
- Optimized GPU power consumption.
- Support for AMD features
- AMD Eyefinity
- AMD Dual Graphics / AMD CrossFire™ Technology
- AMD Overdrive
- AMD Catalyst Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center
Discuss this in our Graphics & Multimedia cards forum.
There are 1 comments
- MyCE Die Hard
- Posted on: 16 Aug 12 15:31
Er, was that Country Joe McDonald that sang about "Be the first one on yer block, to have yer video-card come home in a box"?
Was that it?
Most popular headlines
- Mon 21 Apr 01:04 by DoMiN8ToR
Russian pirate group WZOR leaked additional information about Windows 9 and anot...
- Mon 21 Apr 04:04 by Wendy Robertson
Review: Toshiba HG6 256GB SSD Reviewed b...
- Fri 18 Apr 06:04 by DoMiN8ToR
Toshiba claims it has developed world’s fastest microSD cards. The cards a...
- Tue 22 Apr 03:04 by DoMiN8ToR
Microsoft locks out paid users from their OneDrive account and denies access to ...
- Sun 20 Apr 12:04 by DoMiN8ToR
At the moment users from around the world are complaining their Samsung Smart TV...