AMD releases WHQL drivers for Windows 8 RTM – Catalyst 12.8
AMD has released Catalyst version 12.8 drivers to the web which as usual work with Windows XP/Vista/7 but are also WHQL certified for Windows 8, supporting the new WDDM 1.2 driver model. The drivers are available for Radeon models starting with the HD 5000 series and upwards. Drivers supporting earlier cards will appear later this month. The drivers have Direct 11.x support and include numerous Windows 8 features:
AMD’s first logo certified driver for Windows 8 production featuring support for the DirectX 11.1 and the new WDDM 1.2 driver model:
- Target-Independent Rasterization (TIR): TIR is a new rendering path that enables superior anti-aliasing in Direct3D driver applications.
- Native Stereo 3D Support: Windows 8 natively supports stereoscopic 3D gaming and videos via compatible applications.
- Unified Video API: Video playback has been integrated into the DirectX 11 API, enabling simultaneous video and gaming content. Transcoding performance may also be improved for supporting applications.
- Optimized screen rotation for rotation aware devices.
- Improved sleep/resume performance.
- Optimized GPU power consumption.
- Support for AMD features
- AMD Eyefinity
- AMD Dual Graphics / AMD CrossFire™ Technology
- AMD Overdrive
- AMD Catalyst Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center
Discuss this in our Graphics & Multimedia cards forum.
There are 1 comments
- MyCE Die Hard
- Posted on: 16 Aug 12 15:31
Er, was that Country Joe McDonald that sang about "Be the first one on yer block, to have yer video-card come home in a box"?
Was that it?
Most popular headlines
- Fri 15 Aug 04:08 by DoMiN8ToR
Several Windows 8.1 users complain their PC doesn't start anymore after installi...
- Fri 15 Aug 02:08 by DoMiN8ToR
Microsoft's Windows 365 cloud operating system seems to be a reality. Informatio...
- Thu 14 Aug 07:08 by DoMiN8ToR
More traces of the tablet Google develops with HTC can be found in the Android s...
- Mon 18 Aug 04:08 by DoMiN8ToR
Microsoft has withdrawn four patches that were part of Microsoft's Wi...
- Fri 15 Aug 10:08 by Kerry Brown
Microsoft intends to deliver a technical preview of their next operating system,...