AMD releases WHQL drivers for Windows 8 RTM – Catalyst 12.8
AMD has released Catalyst version 12.8 drivers to the web which as usual work with Windows XP/Vista/7 but are also WHQL certified for Windows 8, supporting the new WDDM 1.2 driver model. The drivers are available for Radeon models starting with the HD 5000 series and upwards. Drivers supporting earlier cards will appear later this month. The drivers have Direct 11.x support and include numerous Windows 8 features:
AMD’s first logo certified driver for Windows 8 production featuring support for the DirectX 11.1 and the new WDDM 1.2 driver model:
- Target-Independent Rasterization (TIR): TIR is a new rendering path that enables superior anti-aliasing in Direct3D driver applications.
- Native Stereo 3D Support: Windows 8 natively supports stereoscopic 3D gaming and videos via compatible applications.
- Unified Video API: Video playback has been integrated into the DirectX 11 API, enabling simultaneous video and gaming content. Transcoding performance may also be improved for supporting applications.
- Optimized screen rotation for rotation aware devices.
- Improved sleep/resume performance.
- Optimized GPU power consumption.
- Support for AMD features
- AMD Eyefinity
- AMD Dual Graphics / AMD CrossFire™ Technology
- AMD Overdrive
- AMD Catalyst Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center
Discuss this in our Graphics & Multimedia cards forum.
There are 1 comments
- MyCE Die Hard
- Posted on: 16 Aug 12 15:31
Er, was that Country Joe McDonald that sang about "Be the first one on yer block, to have yer video-card come home in a box"?
Was that it?
Most popular headlines
- Wed 16 Apr 05:04 by DoMiN8ToR
An update to the Anti Malware Service for Windows XP is causing systems to slow ...
- Tue 15 Apr 07:04 by DoMiN8ToR
DVDFab has posted a clarification on of their disc decryption policy on our foru...
- Mon 14 Apr 04:04 by Vroom
Review: Crucial M550 Reviewed by: ANTONIS SAPANIDIS Provided by: Cr...
- Mon 14 Apr 05:04 by DoMiN8ToR
Microsoft released two patches already for users who received error codes 800700...
- Thu 17 Apr 10:04 by DoMiN8ToR
The Chromium issue tracker reveals a screenshot of a Nexus 5 running Android 4.4...