Android Chrome browser to support Chromecast video streaming
A post in the Chromium issue tracker shows that Google is adding support for streaming videos from the Android Chrome browser to the Chromecast media player. The feature is heavily experimental as it is default enabled in the developer version and disabled on beta versions.
Google defines three Chromium release channels, development, beta and stable. The development channel is the first stage in which bug checking takes place, the stable channel is where the developers consider the code good enough for the average user.
Previously only the desktop Chrome browser supported streaming to the Chromecast using an extension. On Android, apps from Youtube, Netflix, Google Play TV, Movies and Music, Vevo, Plex, Pandora and more support streaming to Chromecast.
Using the Chrome browser feature it will become possible to stream videos from the browser to the Chromecast, a cheap ($35) media player developed by Google. The Chromecast is a small dongle which allows playback of audio and video content over Wifi. The dongle fits in an HDMI port and receives power from either an USB cable or an optional power adaptor.
There are 3 comments
- New Member
- Posted on: 05 Jan 14 02:22
2. As a first step, I'd suggest that a limited browser running in the chromecast dangle, be implemented that would
2.1 mainly show text, and probably image and gif graphics,
2.2 have a good bookmarking capability,
2.3 be able to accept keyboard and mouse movements and clicks from the pbone/tablet
2.4 jump to another linked URL, or to other chromecast service, with any associated info.
That way there would not be much processing and information flow, but as least I could browse the WEB-1.0, generate and use 'TOC' , table of contents pages, and jump to sub areas in supported services.
3. Is there some protocol to get services, such as Amazon prime... To be encouraged to support us users so that we can pay them, rather than having Google be our agent, and possibly dropping the ball as I feel they may have done with GOOGLE-TV.
- New Member
- Posted on: 15 Aug 14 11:27
- MyCE Resident
- Posted on: 26 Aug 14 12:28
Most popular headlines
- Fri 17 Oct 06:10 by DoMiN8ToR
Google today released the second version of Android L Preview. The latest versio...
- Sun 19 Oct 09:10 by Vroom
Review: Kingston HyperX Fury Reviewe...
- Fri 17 Oct 03:10 by DoMiN8ToR
Microsoft has announced stricter rules for adware, the company will now also con...
- Thu 16 Oct 05:10 by DoMiN8ToR
A Vietnamese website shows a hands on with the yesterday announced HTC build Nex...
- Tue 21 Oct 05:10 by DoMiN8ToR
An Android application called "Freedom" is spreading on the internet a...