Liggy and Dee release new firmwares for Optiarc drives – their last?
Recently we’ve learned that Optiarc will cease the production of PC drives in March 2013. The drives from the company, started as a joint venture between Sony and NEC, have always been very popular. One of the reasons is that thanks to our in-house firmware experts Liggy and Dee it was possible to remove restrictions and give the drives more features. Yesterday Liggy and Dee released a few new firmware updates, we hope it won’t be their last release.
The following firmwares have been uploaded:
- Optiarc AD-5280S - firmware 1.01 including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch – now compatible with newer generation drives
- Optiarc AD-5280S - firmware 1.Z6 including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch – only compatible with -CB drives (mainly used for duplicator devices)
- Optiarc AD-5280S – firmware 1.Z7 including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch – only compatible with -CB drives (mainly used for duplicator devices)
- Optiarc AD-7280S - firmware 1.60 (Sony OEM) including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
- Optiarc AD-7710H - firmware 1.V0 including Riplock, Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
- Optiarc AD-7740H – firmware 1.S0 including Riplock, Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
If you want more information, support on how to flash them and of course download links, then head over to our dedicated forum thread!
There are 3 comments
- Senior Administrator and Reviewer
- Posted on: 04 Sep 12 14:24
- Senior Moderator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions
- Posted on: 04 Sep 12 16:59
Originally Posted by Dee
I can't claim any credit for these new patched firmwares. They were all Liggy's work.
- New Member
- Posted on: 01 Aug 13 21:52
Can the firmware be extracted from this machine and installed in the 5280S-CB-Plus?
Most popular headlines
- Tue 10 Dec 04:12 by DoMiN8ToR
The internet's most popular torrent site, the Piratebay, changed its domain name again. It moved from thepiratebay.sx to thepiratebay.ac. The .sx doma
- Mon 9 Dec 08:12 by DoMiN8ToR
According to gamers a patch released for basketball video game NBA 2K14 adds 'always on' DRM to the game which means it can no longer be played offlin
- Fri 6 Dec 04:12 by Kerry56
With only a simple notice buried in a chart on the Microsoft life cycle fact sheet, Microsoft has ended retail sales of their most widely used operati
- Tue 10 Dec 07:12 by DoMiN8ToR
A Windows 8 update will bring back the start menu as we know it and allows Metro applications to run on the desktop. The information comes from the us
- Thu 5 Dec 11:12 by Kerry56
Facebook has recently been granted a patent on a process where they examine their users profile information in order to better identify pirated materi