New DVDFab feature shows conversion progress on your smartphone

Posted 24 October 2016 16:58 CEST by Jan Willem Aldershoff

DVDFab has revealed DVDFab Remote, a mobile application that allows you to track the progress of tasks performed by DVDFab on your PC from anywhere in your house. The app is currently only available for Android, an iOS app is coming soon.

dvdfab remote

The app allows users to view the progress of tasks DVDFab is performing on the PC. It will warn users with a push notification that action is required on their PC. The app only shows what is happening and only warns when action is required, it doesn’t allow users to remotely perform a task.

The feature is part of DVDFab 10 which is currently in in alpha, just like the DVDFab Remote app. In order to use it, both the PC and mobile phone have to connect to the same Wifi network.

Myce user  took some time to write down his first experiences with the software in an user review. He argues that the app is very useful, especially for users “who have a habit to do multi-tasks or batch conversions”.

More information about DVDFab Remote can be found on this page on the DVDFab website.

Users who don’t have DVDFab and want to try this feature can currently purchase a license with 20% off  with coupon code: FAB-NYG-OFF (valid till the 31st of October 2016)

alan1476
Administrator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions
Posted on: 24 Oct 16 15:28
Its a cool feature, but I cannot for the life of me think of an instance when I would use it. 99% of conversions, even bluray take no longer than an hour and the disc ejects. Fab will also shut your computer down upon completion, so just for me it would nice to have but I do not think I would use it much.

olddancer
Posted on: 24 Oct 16 16:22
"Its a cool feature, but I cannot for the life of me think of an instance when I would use it."

Simply pandering to the GenXers that are too lazy to get up from the couch, leave their cheetos and Game of Thrones, and check their PC in the next room.

alan1476
Administrator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions
Posted on: 24 Oct 16 16:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddancer

Good one olddancer.

CDan
Posted on: 24 Oct 16 21:41
My vacuum cleaner also tells me what its doing via my smartphone. At least that's relevant information to me.

Johnnoy
MyCE Rookie
Posted on: 25 Oct 16 10:27
Just ran a few more tests, but this time, other than only doing conversions in the converter module, I did add some other tasks from the Copy, Ripper, and Creator modules. Here are my new findings:

1. First, I added a piece of MKV video into the Converter module and set it to convert it for my Nexus 6p, and then I grabbed an ISO (DVD) from my hard drive to copy the main movie only also as an ISO – the Remote app works flawlessly and I can check all the information;

2. Then, I used the same ISO in the Ripper module to add another task, to convert it to my wife's Galaxy S6, and the Remote app worked without an issue;

3. Next, I dragged two pieces of my MKV videos into the Creator module to create a DVD ISO file, immediately after I hit the Start button in that module, (this is exactly when I met my first problem) all the task information on my Nexus phone just silently disappears......what was even more stranger was that when I manually cancelled the task in the Creator module, and reconnect the Remote app with DVDFab PC client, the other task information showed up again...... It looks like there is currently some issues between the Remote app and the Creator module, hope this get fixed soon in the later version.

Cheers, guys!

ba24news
Posted on: 29 Oct 16 08:04
Thanks for good information .

Reactions closed

Sorry, you can't comment on this item anymore. It's either too old or comments are disabled for this post.