LG GBW-H20L Super Multi Blue Review
- Features & Technology
- Reading Performance
- CD-R/RW Writing Performance
- DVD+R/RW Writing Performance
- DVD-R/RW Writing Performance
- DVD+R DL/-R DL Writing performance
- DVD-RAM Performance
- LightScribe Performance
- Blu-Ray Reading Performance
- Blu-ray Writing Performance
- Authors Page
- Comments on this review (12)
LG USA was kind enough to send us the GBW-H20L Super Multi Blue Disc Drive Rewriter with LightScribe. LG, an early endorser of Blu-Ray, has made it possible for the consumer to experience Blu-Ray reading and writing making this a true “Super-Multi” drive. The LG GBW-H20L is an internal SATA drive.
In this review we will show the performance of the LG GBW-H20L by running the drive through many tests on a considerable amount of various CD/DVD/BD media.
We took a quick look at the company information found at LG Electronic USA sites:
LG Electronics, Inc. (Korea Stock Exchange: 6657.KS) was established in 1958 as the pioneer in the Korean consumer electronics market. The company is a major global force in electronics and information and communications products with more than 64,000 employees working in 76 overseas subsidiaries and marketing units around the world. With annual total revenues of more than US $16.9 billion (non-consolidated), LG Electronics comprises three main business companies: Digital Display & Media, Digital Appliance, and Telecommunication Equipment & Handset.
LG Electronics’ goal is to enable the intelligent networking of digital products that will make consumers’ lives better than ever.
TV / Audio / Video
If you are interested in reading more about LG Electronic USA, please visit: www.lgusa.com.
Let us take a look at the detailed specifications of the LG GBW-H20L Super Multi Blue Disc Drive Rewriter with LightScribe:
What’s inside the box?
Let’s take a look at what comes with the retail package:
As we can see, the retail package contains almost everything you need to get started:
- The LGGBW-H20L Super Multi Blue Drive with LightScribe
- Serial ATA Cable
- Power Adaptor (12volt to SATA)
- Installation manual
- Quick Setup Guide and Limited Warranty booklet
- Mounting screws
- LG DVD Writer Solution software disk, including PowerDVD, PowerProducer, Power2GO with LightScribe, Instant Burn, Power Backup, BD Advisor.
LG DVD Writer Solution software CD
Cyberlink BD Advisor (Beta) showing Blu-Ray compatibility
Next let’s take a look at the details on the retail box:
Now let’s take look at some screen shots of the drive itself:
On the top of the drive we found a sticker that shows the drive was made in Korea and has a production date of April 2008.
Now, let us connect the drive and check out the features, program bundle and writing technology on the next page…
Get an alert
- Pftt. Lol. xD.. It's nuts, that people will...
- RRAM is many, many times faster than flash. Even...
- I think the last sentence says it all. New iOS...
- With all the scam ads on such sites, I doubt most...
- The world is suffer from a severe case of crony...
- so exactly who is telling these dopes what sites...
- Hmmm.... The best way to get people to do...
- BS. I bought my iPhone 5 the day before 5S was...