Magic DVD Copier Review
Introduction & Software Installation
Magic DVD Software was kind enough to send me some of their movie copy software for review. In this particular review we will be having a look at Magic DVD Copier and examining how well it performs.
Magic DVD Software
Magic DVD Software was formed in 2003 and is a professional software developer specialising in movie copy and video conversion software. The company offers several products which also include software for converting video for use on computers, media streamers and various popular mobile devices. Further information about Magic DVD Software can be found on their website.
Test PC Specifications
First things first, so here are the specifications for the test PC.
- Intel Core i7 860 Quad Core Processor – Socket LGA1156
- ASUS P7P55 LX Motherboard
- Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64bit
- 8GB DDR3 Ram
- Twin SATA 2 1TB Hard drives (in a RAID 0 striped configuration)
- ATI Radeon HD5770 Graphics Card
- Samsung SH-B083L Combined Blu-ray ROM & DVD Writer
- NZXT Hush Silent Brushed Aluminium ATX Midi Tower Case in Black with 700W Power Supply
As this program is only available as a download from the Magic DVD website there is no packaging associated with it and it consists of a zipped executable installation file.
First we unzip and run the executable file. The installation routine commences with the following dialogue box.
After accepting a standard Licence Agreement, you are then offered the opportunity to select where you’d like the program to be installed and the default location is shown in the screenshot below.
You are then asked to specify the name and location of the Start Menu folder.
Then select whether or not you want to create a desktop icon using a simple check box.
And finally the actual installation proceeds.
After a very short period the installation is complete and you are then asked to choose whether to launch the program immediately or simply exit the completed installation routine.
Overall the installation is trouble free, efficient and effective. It automatically selects sensible defaults, gives choices where required and performs what it’s supposed to do perfectly, so I really can’t criticise this at all.
So following this promising start let’s go to the next page and examine the main program….
Get an alert
- There are a great deal more titles for the data...
- This is really good news.
- The database is growing and the program keeps...
- HiChanges in DVD-Ranger...
- Quote: Originally...
- Me to and yes I am old but I do let them play...
- Dvd-Ranger Just released a new version 220.127.116.11...
- I might have pulled the trigger at $5699, but...