Plextor 24/10/40 IDE
Review: Plextor 24/10/40 IDE
Provided by: Plextor Europe
Firmware: version 1.02
Since years Plextor is absolutely dominating the top segment of the CDRW market The popularity of its drives has increased a lot the last years. This is especially due to the very good service and support. Plextor has its name to be innovative and thus regulary bringing complete new drives and technologies into the market. Plextor is one of the well-known brands that made its transfer from scsi drives to Atapi-IDE drives a few years ago. And successfully !
In the meanwhile is this their 4th drive in the IDE series. The first drive was the 8x4x32x followed by the 12x10x32x and finally the 16x10x32x. Everytime they were excellent drives witch gave the user a few more extra’s than the most common regular drives from other brands.
So we are very curious wether this 24x10x40 leaves the compition behind.
A new feature wich is really great , not on the technological level , but as support and feedback is the new 2 year warranty that comes with the drive. (Mind that this is only for Europe). This is making Plextor the only drive supplier that guarantees 2 year full warranty. Only this new item says a lot about the quality of the drive….
The warranty consists out of the following items :
- If the drive is malfunctioning within two weeks of the purshase Plextor will recollect the drive and replace it with a new one.
- If the drive shows malfunction after this two weeks and before the end of the second year Plextor will recollect the drive and give 100% warranty on labor and parts…
- We have never experienced an RMA request wich lasted longer than 2 weeks.
- Fast and correct handling of RMA procedure.
Plextor is the absolute market leader concerning feedback and support, fast and correct handling of RMA requests. So if you want service this Plextor is a true must buy!
Get an alert
Receive an e-mail when we publish a new review
- Only reason I'm using Win 7 is that I couldn't...
- Just to update on this discussion, the OneDrive...
- Closing this thread as it's off topic now as...
- @ DVDranger , I may catch some censure for...
- Quote: Originally...
- Quote: Originally...
- I've given this a quick test and sure enough the...
- Microsoft has now responded to this issue and...