Kingston HyperX 3K SSD review
Final thoughts and the conclusion
To sum up, this is what I would say:
After a few days of extensive use I can say that the Kingston HyperX 3K drive shows outstanding performance, not only in benchmarks but also in real use. You have to try very hard to slow down the performance of the drive, even if the drive is filled up to 90% of its capacity it will still perform extremely well.
Performance is everything with an SSD, and as I have shown in this review the HyperX 3K has a lot of it. However there is another reason why this drive would have been on the top of my list if I was out to get a new SSD. That reason is the outstanding package that Kingston has put together. It has everything you need, from the more standard stuff, such as a 3.5” bracket and cloning software, to more important things such as an external USB 2.5” case.
If I had to say something negative… well that would be, “I am sorry that we don’t have a sexy looks award”.
Let us summarise the most important positive and negative points below:
- An outstanding package.
- Excellent operation as a system drive.
- Excellent sequential read/write speeds and access times.
- Very good 4K random I/O performance at low queue depths.
- SATA 6Gbps support.
- External case to ease the cloning process.
- TRIM support under Windows 7.
- Fast operating system start-up and shutdown times.
- 3 years warranty with 24/7 tech support.
- Price for what the drive offers.
The parting sentence is:
“The Kingston HyperX 3K SSD not only has excellent performance and outstanding looks but also provides an exceptional package, 3 year warranty, 3.5” bracket, and an external USB case”.
I therefore give the excellent and safe buy awards to the Kingston HyperX 3K SSD.
You may comment on this review below.
EFD Software for providing the fully licensed versions of HD Tune Pro
Alex Schepeljanski for AS SSD Benchmark
There are 0 comments
Get an alert
- Quote: Originally...
- I want the Samsung 65" 4K TV. As soon as...
- I bought a lifetime licnese while it was still...
- I started with a 120gb and it was too small. I...
- Thanks for the review. I"ve seen some...
- You can buy the Sandisk Extreme 11 480gb SSD for...
- Would be interesting to see the various price...
- Quote: Originally...