LG BP40NS20 Portable Blu-Ray burner review
Verbatim BD-R 4x
Let’s start these tests by showing the burn process on the LG BP40NS20
The USB2 connection didn’t allow the drive to reach its max speed of 6x, and that gave us an average speed of 3.54x and 25 minutes and 56 seconds to complete.
As we can see the quality of the burn is good, and also we don’t have any slowdowns on the transfer rate test.
Verbatim 2x LTH
Again I will start this test by showing the burn graph.
The LG BP40NS20 burnt the disc its rated speedand it took 46 minutes and 1 second to finish.
Again the disc quality showed a good burn, and test was finished with a perfect TRT.
For this last test I used a Verbatim 2x BD-RE disc, and here is the burn graph.
As we can see, the drive needed 45 minutes and 32 seconds to completed the burn.
Again the LG BP40NS20 has shown very good performance even with this heavily used –RE disc, and also the perfect TRT gives the final okay.
As we can see the LG BP40NS20 is a very good Blu-ray burner, unfortunately I didn’t have many media tests, but these first results are showing what the drive is capable of achieving.
Let’s round off this review with the author’s page, containing some real world and advanced tests….
Get an alert
- Word and Powerpoint files are also affected (not...
- I would rather not use any online editing at all....
- Quality control is lacking at M$ ...
- Beware the ides of Marchus, or Septemberus, as it...
- I'll try to do some further tests later today if...
- Great work on this Sean. Some new things have...
- From my testing, syncing files between PCs in...
- @Sean, will you write about it? Thanks for...