LG N2B1DD2 Super Multi NAS with built-in Blu-ray rewriter Review
LG USA was kind enough to send us their new Super Multi NAS (Network Attached Storage) with Blu-ray rewriter device: N2B1DD2. This NAS device supports up to Two 2TB drives and comes with a built in Blu-ray recorder. The drive also supports e-SATA and USB attached storage as well as a memory card reader that supports SD, MMC, MS and XD. The N2B1DD2 can be hooked directly to a home router, switch or hub as well as a direct Ethernet connection to a desktop PC.
The new LG Super Multi NAS comes in six different models and configurations, as follow:
Super Multi NAS with Blu-ray rewriter:
- N2B1D -> NAS with BD-RW (HDD not included)
- N2B1DD1 -> NAS with BD-RW 1TB HDD(1TBx1)
- N2B1DD2 -> NAS with BD-RW 2TB HDD(1TBx2)
Super Multi NAS with DVD Rewriter:
- N2R1D -> NAS with DVD-RW (HDD not included)
- N2R1DD1 -> NAS with DVD-RW 1TB HDD(1TBx1)
- N2R1DD2 -> NAS with DVD-RW 2TB HDD(1TBx2)
About LG: We took a quick look at the company information found at LG Electronics USA site:
LG Electronics, Inc. was established in 1958 as the pioneer in the Korean consumer electronics market. The company is a major global force in electronics and information and communications products with more than 64,000 employees working in 76 overseas subsidiaries and marketing units around the world. With annual total revenues of more than US $16.9 billion (non-consolidated), LG Electronics comprises three main business companies: Digital Display & Media, Digital Appliance, and Telecommunication Equipment & Handset.
If you are interested in reading more about LG Electronics USA, please visit: www.lgusa.com.
This new NAS device makes it convenient for users to keep the vital information stored on the NAS available at all times. The newly designed and stylish NAS device came pre-loaded with Two Hitachi 1TB hard drives and LG’s newest "BH10NS30" Blu-ray recorder.
It provides true combined network HDD bays and Blu-ray disc recorder support, with three USB ports and an extra e-SATA connection so you can bolt on even more storage. The Blu-ray recorder gives this device great flexibility and support for backing up your current shared storage or adding to it.
LG NAS Specifications
What’s inside the box?
The LG N2B1DD2 NAS Device we received was the Retail package.
Front View Door Closed
Two hard drive bays and Blu-ray recorder
Top View Card Reader and USB ports Closed
Top View Card Reader and USB ports Open
Rear e-SATA, Ethernet and USB ports
Let us take a look at the contents of the package…
The package includes the following items:
· LG N2B1DD2 NAS
· AC Power connector
· Ethernet extension cable
· LG NAS PC Software installer
· LG NAS Installer
LG Network Storage PC Software Install Disc
For this review we will be using a computer with the following configuration:
· Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
· Processor: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz
· Memory: 3X2GB G-Skill DDR3
· Video: eVGA GTX 260
· Display: 24" Acer HDMI LCD
· Sound: Realtek ALC889A HDAudio (Onboard)
· Hard Disks: Seagate SATA II 320GB
· Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Build 7229 is installed on this machine.
For this review we will have the LG NAS device hooked up through an Ethernet connection to our Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G Broadband Router.
On the next page we will take a look at the supported features …
Get an alert
- Thank you sir. It has been a nice quiet board...
- @ Cienoway: I have to agree with Cholla and Thor...
- Dont bann him yet , I am trying to sell him...
- You can ban me if you want, I just want to know...
- I am going to get you headed in the right...
- All talk and no action.
- One phone I'm going to try getting is the OnePlus...
- Quote: Originally...