Pioneer BDR-205 Blu-ray drive Review
- Drive Features and Technology
- Reading Performance
- CD-R/RW Writing Performance
- DVD+R/RW writing performance
- DVD-R/RW writing performance
- DVD+R DL/-R DL Writing performance
- DVD-RAM Writing Performance
- DVD Blu-Ray Reading Performance
- DVD Blu-Ray Writing Performance
- Authors Page
- Comments on this review (48)
Pioneer USA was kind enough to send us their new BDR-205BK Blu-ray disc writer. This is an internal SATA drive capable of writing both Single and Dual layer Blu-ray media at up to 12x, DVD media at 16x and CD-R writing at 40x respectively.
In this review we will show the performance of the Pioneer BDR-205BK by running the drive through many tests on a considerable amount of various CD/DVD/BD media.
Pioneer was founded in 1938 in Tokyo, Japan by Nozomu Matsumoto – a man with a passion for music that he hoped to share with the world through high quality audio speakers. That passion began with a small operation to repair and manufacture speakers in Matsumoto’s garage. It has since grown to international stature as a manufacturer of audio and video products for use at home, in the car and in business environments.
If you are interested in reading more about Pioneer USA, please visit: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/
Let us take a look at the detailed specifications of the Pioneer BDR-205BK Blu-ray disc writer:
What’s inside the box?
Let’s take a look at the Drive:
Pioneer USA has sent us the OEM Drive.
- The Pioneer BDR-205BK Blu-ray disc writer
- Quick Setup Guide and Limited Warranty booklet (not shown)
BD Advisor showing Blu-Ray compatibility
BD Advisor showing Advanced Playback
Now let’s take look at some screen shots of the drive itself:
On the top of the drive we found a sticker that shows the drive was "Made in Japan" and has a production date of September 2009.
Now, let us connect the drive and check out the features, program bundle and writing technology on the next page…
Talk SSDs on our SSD Forum!
Ask questions to our reviewers or discuss SSDs with other members
Get an alert
- I have a facebook account because it was easier...
- Good thing I don't use Facebook Fasebook much...
- Drage, I think "yes!" would be...
- Quote: Originally...
- I don't have or intend to have a Facebook...
- Just my opinion and my thoughts but I think it...
- Does this include all the material that Facebook...
- I thought Toshiba probably bought ocz for its in...