Pioneer BDR-205 Blu-ray drive Review
- Drive Features and Technology
- Reading Performance
- CD-R/RW Writing Performance
- DVD+R/RW writing performance
- DVD-R/RW writing performance
- DVD+R DL/-R DL Writing performance
- DVD-RAM Writing Performance
- DVD Blu-Ray Reading Performance
- DVD Blu-Ray Writing Performance
- Authors Page
- Comments on this review (48)
Pioneer USA was kind enough to send us their new BDR-205BK Blu-ray disc writer. This is an internal SATA drive capable of writing both Single and Dual layer Blu-ray media at up to 12x, DVD media at 16x and CD-R writing at 40x respectively.
In this review we will show the performance of the Pioneer BDR-205BK by running the drive through many tests on a considerable amount of various CD/DVD/BD media.
Pioneer was founded in 1938 in Tokyo, Japan by Nozomu Matsumoto – a man with a passion for music that he hoped to share with the world through high quality audio speakers. That passion began with a small operation to repair and manufacture speakers in Matsumoto’s garage. It has since grown to international stature as a manufacturer of audio and video products for use at home, in the car and in business environments.
If you are interested in reading more about Pioneer USA, please visit: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/
Let us take a look at the detailed specifications of the Pioneer BDR-205BK Blu-ray disc writer:
What’s inside the box?
Let’s take a look at the Drive:
Pioneer USA has sent us the OEM Drive.
- The Pioneer BDR-205BK Blu-ray disc writer
- Quick Setup Guide and Limited Warranty booklet (not shown)
BD Advisor showing Blu-Ray compatibility
BD Advisor showing Advanced Playback
Now let’s take look at some screen shots of the drive itself:
On the top of the drive we found a sticker that shows the drive was "Made in Japan" and has a production date of September 2009.
Now, let us connect the drive and check out the features, program bundle and writing technology on the next page…
Get an alert
- For those who use VPN services for privacy such...
- According to the very last sentence, the amount...
- Is it really an effective method to combat piracy?
- I never bought a nice reel to reel. I went...
- Yeah back in 69-70 when in the army a buddy...
- I remember as a kid using a small...
- Version 10_ because this version also blows...
- This is somewhat typical of the music industry...