Plextor PX-NAS4 – NAS box review
Server and security settings and features
Now let’s take a look at the Plextor PX-NAS4 server and security settings.
Setting up a user account
Clicking on the “users” item in the menu will bring up the user overview dialogue, from here you can add as many users as required by clicking on the “Add user” icon.
Clicking the “shares” menu item will bring up the “shares” dialogue box, and will allow the administrator to set permissions for users and groups.
Setting up the user accounts and permissions was a very simple affair. It was also possible to allow or deny access to other people’s shared folders.
Backup and restore
By its nature, an NAS unit could be storing a lot of important data, so it’s nice to see a backup utility being bundled with the NAS.
Genie Backup Manager Lite
The Genie Backup Manager Lite software can be installed on a Windows based host PC, allowing backups to be carried out from the main PC. The PX-NAS4 also has its own server to server backup utility already installed on the NAS unit itself.
PX-NAS4 backup utility
PX-NAS4 restore utility
Let’s head to the next page where I will take a look at media sharing features and performance….
Get an alert
- Music industry direct products: Not convenient,...
- By 2020, 100tb SSDs will be available
- the music industry is still charging far too much...
- I sense Intel is also engaged in a little...
- I buy that for a dollar....
- I still haven't got it on my Nexus 7 either but...
- I person I sold my Nexus 4 too, got the Lollipop...
- And also by 2025 they will have released the...