Toshiba HG6 SSD Review – A19nm NAND makes an entrance
- A closer look at the Toshiba HG6 hardware
- Test PC and testing procedures
- Synthetic benchmarks
- IOMeter test results
- Anvil's Storage Utilities
- Real world tests
- Application and game loading performance
- PCMark 8 Storage Suite
- Myce Reality Suite
- Sustainable performance with data on the drive
- Final thoughts and the conclusion
- Comments on this review (5)
Toshiba has been providing SSDs to OEMs for a long time, and will no doubt continue to do so. Recently Toshiba acquired OCZ Technology, which was a very wise move in my opinion. By acquiring OCZ, Toshiba gain a ‘state of the art’ SSD controller in the shape of the Indilinx BareFoot 3, together with OCZ’s considerable knowledge in SSD controller and firmware knowhow.
About 16 months ago, I had the good fortune to be able to publish a review on the Toshiba THNSNF512GCSS 512GB SSD, which I found to be a very capable performer.Today I’m taking a look at a new Toshiba range of SSDs aimed at the mainstream SSD market, in the shape of the Toshiba HG6 series of SSDs.
The Toshiba HG6 series of SSDs comes in various capacities and form factors. The available capacities are, 60GB, 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB, which are available in SATA 2.5 inch, mSATA, and M.2. form factors. The SSD I’m looking at today is the 256GB SATA model.
So let’s find out how this new SSD performs in our range of tests.
Toshiba company information
Toshiba should need no introduction, but those of you who would like to find out more about Toshiba Electronics Europe, can do so at their website.
The Toshiba HG6 256GB SSD
Now it’s time to take a look at the drive itself and what it came shipped with.
The review sample I received was a pre-production unit, and was simply shipped to me in a padded envelope.
Toshiba HG6 SSD range
The Toshiba HG6 range of SSDs is available in M.2., mSATA, and 2.5 inch SATA form factors.
Now let’s head to the next page, where we look in more detail at the Toshiba HG6 256GB SSD…..
Get an alert
- For those who use VPN services for privacy such...
- According to the very last sentence, the amount...
- Is it really an effective method to combat piracy?
- I never bought a nice reel to reel. I went...
- Yeah back in 69-70 when in the army a buddy...
- I remember as a kid using a small...
- Version 10_ because this version also blows...
- This is somewhat typical of the music industry...