Uniblue Registry Booster 2010 Review
Installing Registry Booster
As this is dependent on a PC to operate, the following are the specifications of the computer this product has been tested on.
- Crucial 2GB x 2 kit 240pin DDR3 PC3-8500
- Gigabyte S1156 Intel P55 motherboard - GA-055-UD4
- Intel Core i5 Quad 750 2.66GHz 8MB cache
- Antec Three Hundred Black Case
- Sapphire HD4350 512MB PCIe DVI graphics card
- Samsung Black DVD+/-RW SH-S223B SATA
- Lite-On DVD+/-RW SOHW-1693S ATA
- OCZ Agility 60GB SSD FW v1.5
- Samsung F3 2TB 5400RPM HDD
- Corsair 450W ATX PSU
- Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise Edition
- Samsung N120 Netbook
- Ram upgraded to 2GB Corsair RAM
- Atom N280 1.66GHz
- 160GB 5400RPM Hitachi HDD
- Windows XP Home Edition SP3 32-bit
- HP Compaq dc5800 Microtower
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
- 2GB of RAM
- Seagate 250GB 7200RPM SATA HDD – ST3250310AS
- Seagate 500GB 7200RPM SATA HDD – ST3500630AS
- TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653N
- Intel Q33 Express Chipset
- Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit
- iQon Microtower
- AMD Athlon XP2000+ @ 1.67GHz
- 768MB of RAM
- Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM IDE HDD @ UDMA mode 6
- Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit
We carried out a bulk of the review on Computer 1 and mainly used Computers 2, 3 & 4 for testing the performance before and after using Registry Booster. We also did not have detailed specifications for computers 3 or 4, so this information was obtained from the system properties of those computers.
Installing Registry Booster 2010
The single download of Registry Booster 2010 can be used for both the trial version and for activation. This means that once the product is installed, it is just a matter of entering the license code to activate the full version. Uniblue provides a direct download link on their product page, so downloading the product is very straight forward. Once downloaded, it is simply a matter of launching it and following the setup screens.
The setup process is very straight forward and is as simple as selecting the language, accepting the license agreement and clicking ‘Next’ a few times, followed by clicking ‘Finish’.
The setup screens are as follows, in sequence:
- Choose language.
- Welcome screen, as shown above.
- License Agreement.
- Select a folder to install in.
- Select a start menu folder for the shortcuts.
- Choice of installing desktop and quick-launch icons.
- Review settings and begin installation.
- Finish screen with option to launch Registry Booster.
Unlike many commercial and freeware products we have encountered, this software did not try installing any third party software, toolbars or other unnecessary icons, let alone came bundled with any, which was nice to see. For example, anyone who tries installing Winamp or Real player is well aware of all the third party stuff, browser add-ons and desktop advertisements those applications install by default.
After installation, we let it launch, which briefly shows the following screen:
Once its interface appears, it begins its scan automatically, at least for the first time it is launched:
Activating the product is simply a matter of clicking “Register now” and entering the activation code, assuming the user has already purchased it:
Now the product is fully functional and ready to use:
Get an alert
- To let everyone know , if you had and issue with...
- Nevertheless, it would have been much more...
- > So what this means is that people who...
- OneDrive for Business _is_ SharePoint - it's the...
- My own wife or husband as well as i famous that...
- I think OneDrive for Business is using SharePoint...
- Nokia receives the "Kiss of...
- I partially disagree, since any could drive...