A credit card is one of the best financial products that a bank can offer. Most of the time, a solid credit card with user-friendly features is all that you need to solve your recurring financial problems.
The Bank of Montreal’s credit card offering are considered some of the best in Canada. The bank offers a complete range of credit cards powered by Mastercard technology.
Read on to learn more about BMO’s different types of Mastercards, their features and benefits, and how to apply for one.
Bank of Montreal is one of the largest multinational banks based in Canada. BMO is widely regarded as a technology-intensive financial services company. The reputation of this bank is reflected in its innovative range of financial products, such as credit cards.
Various Types of BMO Mastercards You Can Buy
BMO offers several different credit card options. Each of these credit cards offer specialized services to cater to your specific needs. We have made a list of some of the BMO Mastercards to assist you in the decision-making process.
BMO’s Mastercards include – BMO CashBack Mastercard, BMO World Elite Mastercard, BMO AIR MILES Mastercard, BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard, BMO CashBack World Elite Mastercard, BMO Preferred Rate Mastercard.
Other BMO Mastercards include – BMO Rewards Mastercard, BMO U.S. Dollar Mastercard, BMO Prepaid Travel Mastercard, BMO CashBack World Mastercard, BMO AIR MILES World Mastercard.
Features of the BMO Mastercard
Cash Back Offers
BMO has put in place an extensive system of rewards and cash back on its complete BMO Mastercard range. In fact, you get exclusive discounts on the purchases you make using your BMO Mastercard.
For example, you may receive 3% cash back on eligible grocery purchases, 1% cash back on recurring bill payments, and a 0.5% cash back on other purchases after the first 3 billing cycles. Similarly, there is a specialized set of privileges associated which each one of the BMO Mastercards.
Easy Switch Through BMO PowerSwitch
BMO offers you complete assistance and support in case you are switching to BMO from another financial services provider. For this, the bank has developed a customized switching mechanism, known as BMO PowerSwitch.
By using this mechanism, you can easily transfer all your accounts and recurring payments to your new BMO Mastercard. This service is completely free.
How & Where to Apply for a BMO Mastercard
You can apply for the card online by visiting the BMO official website. Applying for a BMO Mastercard is an easy and quick process that can be completed in 4 simple steps. First, explore the various BMO Mastercard options that are available and choose the most suitable card that meets your needs.
Second, click on the “apply now” button, and follow the prompts to read the detailed card features, as well as the terms and conditions. Third, enter the required personal and financial details to complete the application for a BMO Mastercard. Lastly, wait for a decision from BMO on your credit card application.
Fees & Interest Rates
Here are the fees and interest rates for each BMO Mastercard listed above.
- BMO CashBack Mastercard – No annual fee, and 1.99% introductory interest rate.
- BMO World Elite Mastercard – $150 annual fee, 19.99% for purchases, and 22.99% for cash advances.
- BMO AIR MILES Mastercard – No annual fee, and 1.99% introductory interest rate.
- BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard – $120 annual fee, 19.99% for purchases, and 22.99% for cash advances.
- BMO CashBack World Elite Mastercard – $120 annual fee, 19.99% for purchases, and 22.99% for cash advances.
- BMO Preferred Rate Mastercard – $20 annual fee, and 3.99% introductory interest rate.
- BMO Rewards Mastercard – No annual fee, and 1.99% introductory interest rate.
- BMO U.S. Dollar Mastercard – $35 annual fee, 19.99% for purchases, and 22.99% for cash advances.
- BMO Prepaid Travel Mastercard – $6.95 annual fee, and no interest rate.
- BMO CashBack World Mastercard – $79 annual fee, 19.99% for purchases, and 22.99% for cash advances.
- BMO AIR MILES World Mastercard – $99 annual fee, 19.99% for purchases, and 22.99% for cash advances.
Contact Information and Address
If you would like to get in contact with customer service representative for BMO please call this number: 1-844-837-9228.
The BMO headquarters address is also listed below.
BMO Financial Group
100 King Street West, 28th Floor
Toronto, ON M5X 1A1
The Bank of Montreal has a wide range of credit card options that are available for you to consider.
Disclaimer: There are risks involved when applying for and using credit products. Ensure you consult the bank’s terms and conditions page before agreeing to anything.