Hatton National Bank (HNB) is a premier private sector commercial bank operating in Sri Lanka with 251 branches spread across the island.
HNB is involved in retail banking, corporate banking, international banking, treasury and project financing. HNB provides an array of cards that cover a majority of business sectors in the country.
HNB Visa Classic Credit Card comes packed with benefits to improve your travel and comfort experience at every turn. Read on to learn more about this credit card, and how you can apply for it.
About HNB and the HNB Visa Classic Credit Card
HNB has been internationally recognized by the Asian Banker Magazine as the “Best Retail Bank in Sri Lanka” on ten occasions from 2007 to 2017.
With the HNB Visa Classic Credit Card, you get to enjoy the special discounts at selected merchant locations. When traveling abroad, you`ll be fully insured, especially during overseas travel.
What’s more, you enjoy easy payment plans with absolutely no interest to pay! You will also be able to withdraw cash from any ATM up to 50% of the credit limit per month.
How to Apply for the HNB Visa Classic Credit Card
Applying to the HNB Visa Classic Credit Card is very simple and easy. You can complete the application in as little as a day. Remember, you need a bank account first before you get your credit card.
You’ll need your personal information, KYC details and references from people who can vouch for you. To begin, you need to select “HNB Visa Classic Credit Card” option from the drop-down menu.
Next, download the account opening application form in pdf format. Make sure to download the right form as they have one for individuals and the other for joint account holders.
Fill up all the personal details, like your current address, permanent address, your passport number, communication details, occupation, name of your employer if you have one and their address. In case you are married and your spouse is employed then that information is needed too.
Next, fill up the channel services that you need. For example, if you need internet banking, bank alerts, click relevant options. Please note that these are chargeable services. Don’t forget to mention your account statement preferences.
Lastly, fill in the KYC details like the purpose of opening the account, the sources of funds, expected deposits each month, etc. Do not forget to add the details of your reference like his name and address.
Now, take a print out of this form and use the branch locator to find the nearest branch for you to submit these details.
Interest Rates and Fees
The HNB Visa Classic Credit Card is a great option if you are looking for a new credit card that has travel benefits. Make sure to consider the rates and fees, which are listed below.
- Annual Fee: LKR 1,000
- Interest Rate: 18% per annum
- Stamp Duty: As per the notice of the Department of Inland Revenue, with effect from 1st January 2016, 2.5% will be charged as stamp duty from the Credit Card transactions done overseas, inclusive of online transactions performed on websites of companies incorporated overseas (Rs.25/- for every Rs.1000/- or part thereof)
- Local Cash Withdrawals Cash Advance Fee: 3% + LKR 100
- International Cash Withdrawals Cash Advance Fee: 3% + LKR 200
- Late Payment Fee: 0.75% of the credit limit or the total outstanding whichever is lower subject to a minimum of Rs. 750
- Overlimit Fee: LKR 500
- Minimum Due Amount: 4% of the Total Outstanding Amount (Reduced from 5% to 4% – w.e.f. 20th April, 2020)(If the total outstanding as at the statement date, exceeds the credit limit, the minimum payment would be the sum of the excess amount over the credit card limit plus 4% of the outstanding balance)
- Interest Free Period: Minimum – 25 days, Maximum – 55 days
- Temporary Limit Enhancement Fee: LKR 300
- Permanent Limit Enhancement Fee: LKR 250
- Card Replacement: LKR 500
If you would like to get in contact with an HNB representative, you can reach them by calling +94 112 462462. Their head address is Head of Customer Experience, Level 19, No. 479, T B Jayah Mawatha, Colombo 10, Sri Lanka.
To find out more about the HNB Visa Classic Credit Card, it is advisable to contact the bank directly. Make sure to consider this information if you are interested.
Disclaimer: There are risks involved when applying for and using credit products. Ensure you consult the bank’s terms and conditions page before agreeing to anything.