If you want a credit card that can help you enhance and build your credit history, the Opus Credit Card is a good choice. Equipped with credit-building features, it allows cardholders to manage their credit in an easy and hassle-free way.
This credit card is designed for individuals who are on a low income, self-employed, and have no credit history at all. With a manageable credit limit of £250 to £1,200, cardholders can use the card for a variety of transactions and even transfer cash to a bank account.
More than the convenience of using a card for a myriad of transactions, the Opus Credit Card also protects your credit rating. Cardholders never forget the due date because of text alerts. Read on to know how you can add this credit card to your wallet.
Features of the Opus Credit Card
When you have the Opus Credit Card, you can easily transfer money from the card to your bank account. You can move your available credit to the bank account to save money from dispensing from a cash machine.
When it comes to flexibility and maximum control, this credit card supports text reminders so you can pay bills on time. Cardholders can choose and change the payment dates, suited to their finance arrangements.
Since this card is powered by Mastercard, you can also access credit card deals, promotions, and enjoy merchant discounts. It’s also acceptable worldwide, with establishments accepting Mastercard credit cards.
The Opus credit card can also be managed through the Opus Card app, to see recent transactions, manage credit, and more. It’s incredibly convenient, easy, and secure, as you can see an overview of the transactions.
How to Apply for the Opus Credit Card
Applying for the Opus Credit Card is easy as you can do it online. To get started, simply visit the Opus’ website and choose Register. Another way of applying is going through the Eligibility Checker to redirect to the application page.
Take note that eligible applicants need to be at least 18 years old, a U.K. resident, and employed. Opus has the right to deny an application of the credit card if requirements are not met.
Interest Rates and Fees
This credit card is affordable for individuals with good credit rating and history. The interest is subject to the credibility of applicants and their credit history. The representative APR is at 39.9% variable. Read on to see the other fees and charges.
- Monthly purchase rates: 2.840% or 3.434% or 3.717% or 3.992%
- Annual purchase rates: 39.95% or 49.95% or 54.95% or 59.95%
- Monthly cash transaction rates: 3.434% or 3.992% or 4.259% or 4.519%
- Annual cash transaction rates: 49.95% or 59.95% or 64.95% or 69.95%
- Monthly balance transfer rates: 2.840% or 3.434% or 3.717% or 3.992%
- Annual balance transfer rates: 39.95% or 49.95% or 54.95% or 59.95%
- Monthly money transfers: 2.840% or 3.434% or 3.717% or 3.992%
- Annual money transfers: 39.95% or 49.95% or 54.95% or 59.95%
- Interest free period: maximum 48 days on standard purchases if you pay your balance in full every month and on time
- Minimum credit limit: £250
- No annual fee
- Balance transfer fee: 3% of the transaction (minimum £3)
- Money transfer fee: 3% of the transaction (minimum £3)
- Cash transaction fee: 3% of the transaction (minimum £3)
- Copies of statements fees: £5.00 (up to a maximum of £10 per request)
- Non-sterling transaction fee: 2.95% of the amount of the transaction
- Late payment fee: £12.00
Bank Contact Information
For general enquiries and concerns, you can reach Opus through their customer hotline 0330 838 0184. Their head address is 7 Handyside Street, London, N1C 4DA.
Having the Opus Credit Card is truly beneficial, not only because you can transfer money to your bank account, but also to build a good credit history. With no annual fee and flexible payment dates, you can get a breather when paying for your balances.
Disclaimer: There are risks involved when applying for and using this credit card. Please see the bank’s terms and conditions page before agreeing to anything.