LONG BEACH, Calif., March 31 /PRNewswire/ — Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., a leader in cable television digital set-top boxes, announced today that it has begun shipping its Voyager 3510HD digital set-top box to Time Warner Cable. Engineered to meet the extraordinary demand for high-definition television entertainment, the new set-top box is competitively priced with many rich features. Pioneer’s Voyager 3510HD offers viewers the ability to enjoy maximum picture quality from analog, digital and HDTV signals. With the Voyager 3510HD, cable customers will have the ability to view high-definition programs in all 16 ATSC formats supported by the cable industry including 720p, 1080i, as well as 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios.
“Cable operators want to offer the most compelling HD tier to gain a distinct advantage over satellite,” said Paul Dempsey, president of the Business Solutions Division at Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “The Voyager 3510HD will ensure that cable operators can offer the most superior platform, at the most competitive price, guaranteeing a true value for their customers.”
The Voyager 3510HD boasts a generous feature set, including:
- Graphics Over HD Video — Pioneer’s 3510HD supports full graphics over HD capability with video scaling, allowing cable customers to enjoy uninterrupted HD content while viewing program descriptions or utilizing other capabilities of an interactive program guide.
- High Definition Decoding Capabilities — Decodes
all 16 Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) high-definition digital
formats supported by the cable industry including 480p, 720p and 1080i and
outputs to a variety of devices including plasma, HDTV-ready TVs, and standard
- Aspect Ratio Control — Allows for the user to determine the video format based on their TV and personal viewing preference for a variety of display options. Setting zoom, stretch or letterbox aspects are effortlessthrough a simple on-screen user interface.
- Video Up and Down Conversion — Customer configurable controls enable the Voyager 3510HD to output screen resolutions optimized for any display type. Incoming video resolutions are detected and up-converted or down-converted automatically based on the configured output.
- DVI (HDCP-compliant) and a host of other connections — Digital Visual Interface when combined with High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection technology provides additional security against recording and creates a protected digital connection for viewing high value digital content.
- Advanced dual processing power — For optimum display of 65,000 colors on HD video simultaneously using an enhanced graphics engine.
- Allows for both interlace (1080i) and progressive (720p) scanning for greater flexibility.
- Allows both analog and MPEG2 digital channels to be displayed.
- Flexible memory configurations up to 32 MB of SDRAM memory — Increases the number of instructions that the set-top box can perform.
- Built-in ATSC (Advanced Television Systems Committee) digital decoder — Doubles both vertical and horizontal resolution in analog displays.
- Supports leading audio standards — From CD quality, digital sound including Dolby(R) AC3(R).
Pioneer has a 25-year history as a leading hardware provider in the cable television industry. The company has deployed more than 10 million analog and digital cable set-top boxes within the U.S., featuring the Voyager(TM) series of advanced digital cable products. With its steadfast dedication to technological development, Pioneer’s Cable and Communications Group continues to be an innovative leader in the cable television industry. It is a part of Business Solutions Division, which provides professional business-to-business products across a wide range of markets including cable television, professional video/audio, educational, medical, legal and banking. It is one of only three companies enjoying a major share among digital set-top boxes deployed in the country today. Visit Pioneer Cable and Communications at www.pioneerbroadband.com .
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com . Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a leader in optical disc technology and a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video, computer and cable equipment for the home, car and business markets. The company focuses on four, core business domains including DVD, display technologies, Digital Network Entertainment and components. Founded in 1938 in Tokyo, Pioneer Corporation employs more than 31,000 people worldwide. Its shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: PIO – News).