Already a long time ago since we last reported about a new version of TMPGEnc. Thanks to gravurecity we spotted a new version of this utility.
TMPEGenc converts *.AVI file to MPEG1, the format which is used in VideoCD. Using variety of option in TMPEGenc, you can compress your video file in high quality. It enables you to adjust bitrate, qantize matrix, GOP structure, Interlace and many other parameter so that you can create most appropreate movie file depends on your purpose. TMPGEnc 2.57 is now available.
Version : 2.57. 2002/07/19
- Stopped reading MPEG-file with “DirectShow Multimedia File Reader”, one of the VFAPI Plug-in which is included in the program.
- New dedicated VFAPI Plug-in to read MPEG-1 files included. This operates decoder made by MICROSOFT through DirectShow.
- New dedicated VFAPI Plug-in to read MPEG-2 files included. This operates decoder through DirectShow if one of the following MPEG-2 decoder is installed. * CyberLink * Ligos * Sony
- At “VFAPI Plug-in” of Environmental setting, “Reset to recommended setting” option added.
- MPEG setting can be displayed to check even while encoding.
- At 2 pass VBR encode mode, it displays”Analyzing” while 1st pass (50%).
- Bug-fix : Could not read TMPGEnc project file as DirectShow source through TMPGEnc.vfp plug-in.
- Fixed “playback time” when reading MPEG-2 file through Ligos MPEG-2 decoder which is included in DVDit 2.3.
- Fixed noise on the right/left top corner of screen when using Ghost filter.
- Bug-fix : Audio part may have disappeared if dealing with more than 3 hours movie.
- At Project Wizard, if source file is DV format, it always treated as “Bottom field first” without judging field order.
You can download the latest version here
at their homepage.