Review: Maxell USB Retractor
Maxell Europe was kind enough to send us their USB Retractor 2GB USB 2 flash drive for review. The USB Retractor has a storage capacity of 2GB and has a USB 2 host interface for connection to a PC or MAC.
In this review we will test the performance of the USB Retractor 2GB USB flash drive.
Maxell Europe Company Information
What’s inside the box
Now it’s time to take a look at the drive itself and what the drive came shipped with.
Our package was the retail version and contained the USB Retractor and a strap.
We can see that Maxell USB Retractor comes with a strap. An LED is not noticeable at first but once connected you’ll see a red LED that indicates you that the USB Retractor is activated.
· Retractable tip enables easy operation without the fuss
· Compliant to the USB 2.0 specification
· Supports PC Windows 98SE/2000/Me/XP/Vista
· Plug & Play USB connection, no additional power required
· File compression and security software included
· High performance design with a two-year warranty
· Features a LED indicator
The Maxell Retractor includes a simple formatting and security application (iStar) which will run from the Retractor itself, so there is no need to install any software.
iStar software and manual
The iStar software interface with its options