Review: Traxdata 64GB MLC SSD Reviewed by: Dee-27 Provided by: Traxdata Model: ULTRA-S PLUS
Traxdata was kind enough to send us one of their latest solid state drives for review. The MLC based 64GB ULTRA-S PLUS. The ULTRA-S PLUS has a 2.5 inch form factor and SATA2 connection and SATA power connector, the ULTRA-S PLUS can be fitted to a laptop with SATA hard drive support, or as we have done for this review, the ULTRA-S PLUS can also be fitted to a desktop PC which supports SATA hard disc drives.
In this review we will test the performance and usability of the Traxdata ULTRA-S PLUS (MLC) SSD.
Traxdata Company Information
I’m sure most CD Freaks members will be familiar with the Traxdata brand name. If you would like to find out more about Traxdata, you can visit the Traxdata website.
What’s inside the box
Now it’s time to take a look at the drive itself and what the drive came shipped with.
Now let’s take a look at the drive itself.
We can see the drives capacity is listed and the claimed reading and writing performance.
On the bottom of the drive we can see two labels, one of the label states that the drive was manufactured in Taiwan, the other label carries the drives model number and serial number. We can also see the drives SATA power and data connectors. Also worth noting from our two drive pictures, the drive has certainly been around going by the scratches and marks on the casing.
Specifications and features
We found the specifications of the drive at the Traxdata website.
For this review we will be using a computer with the following configuration:
- Motherboard: ASUSTeK P5K (Intel P35 chipset)
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
- RAM: 4 GB OCZ Platinum dual channel kit DDR2 800
- GFX: ATI HD 4870 (512 Megabytes GDDR5 HDCP compliant)
- Sound: Onboard Realtek ALC882 HD audio controller
- Hard Disc OS: 2x 64GB OCZ Core V2 SSD in RAID 0
- Hard disk storage: 2X 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
- Case: ThermalTake Armor (silver)
- PSU: Enermax Liberty 620W
- Display: Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24” widescreen LCD (HDCP compliant)
- Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (64 bit) with SP1
The Traxdata 64GB ULTRA-S Plus SSD was connected to a SATA 2 port on the motherboard of our review PC and all tests were carried out with the drive connected to this connector.
To test the performance of the Traxdata 64GB ULTRA-S Plus SSD, we will be using the following test applications in this review.
Now let’s head to the next page where we will test out reading performance…